How To Remodel Bathrooms On A Budget
People choose to remodel bathrooms for a variety of reasons. You may be doing it for yourself to update an existing bath or make it more efficient.
Or you might do it to increase the value of your home before you put in on the market. Whatever your reason, the adage is true that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses.
An outdated bath sends dollar signs to a buyers head immediately. A nice updated bathroom says value. That being said, you do not have to spend a fortune to get a fantastic bathroom remodel.
Bathrooms renovations on a budget can be achieved with some smart and careful planning. It also helps to go for mid-range appliances rather than the most expensive or the cheapest which can turn out to cost more in the end.
Tips for saving when you remodel bathrooms:
- Think about how you will use the bathroom and what needs to be replaced or can just be refinished.
- A porcelain tub that has chips in it can be re-glazed at almost half the cost of replacing it.
- Instead of tiling the tub surround consider cultured marble sheets which cost less in labor to install and have the added benefit of being much easier to clean.
- Even less expensive is a fiberglass surround for a tub.
- Using a cultured marble lavatory will save money because it is one unit rather then having to buy a sink and a counter top.
- Jetted tubs are a nice touch when you remodel bathrooms but they require a lot of hot water. Installing a separate water heater for the tub will save you from having issues in the future.
- If your budget is especially tight think about simply updating inexpensive things. Maybe a fresh coat of paint, some new hardware, and luxurious accessories are enough to make the bath feel new again.
- Lighting fixtures and faucets are another way to give your bath an update without spending on expensive things like plumbing, tubs, and flooring.