Home buyers get pickier everyday. Today’s home sellers need to do more preparing their homes for sale to compete. If you want to take small remodeling steps to sell your home or investment house, consider the bathrooms.
Powder Rooms or Guest Bathrooms Attract Buyers
One room to remodel that makes a difference in your property’s attraction to home buyers–the guest bathroom–takes little money to make a huge impact.
If you have a guest bathroom, play up this home feature in a big way for four reasons:
1. Home shoppers often ask to use the bathroom. They spend more time viewing this space and examine it more closely than other rooms.
2. Because the home buyer uses the space, they feel connected to the home. A positive connection rather than a feeling of “can’t wait to get out of here” makes the difference between a sale and the buyer moving on to the next house.
3. You get a big bang for your buck in the small space. One gallon of paint goes along way and costs as little as $2 if you use oops paint. Besides paint, Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore sells sinks, toilets, mirrors, lighting fixtures, and cabinets at extreme discounted prices.
4. Buyers’ choose the house that will impress their friends and family. An impressive guest bath fills the self-esteem need of your home buyer.
If you don’t have a guest bathroom–in other words the children’s bathroom does double duty–design this bathroom for adults. Children don’t need a cutesy nursery-theme bathroom. In fact, children love to feel grown-up!
Buyers love the larger master bathrooms they see in new tract homes. Counter to ceiling mirrors above the sink will make an older small bathroom feel larger. If you’re working with the typical small master bath, make it feel like a private spa retreat. Stage the bathroom with fluffy towels, exotic oils, and green plants.
Bathroom Remodeling Tips
* Get rid of old medicine cabinets.
* Hang a huge framed mirror or mirror from counter to ceiling.
* Paint walls and ceiling the same color to save time cutting in. Water colors like pale green-blue look great with white trim, which updates tired wood cabinets.
* If you can’t get the stains out of a toilet, replace it. Hardware centers sell pumice stones to remove heavy stains if you don’t mind hard work.
Take a hard look at the bathrooms in your house and get busy making changes that will make buyers feel connected to your home. Preparing your home for sale makes a huge difference in attracting buyers.
Kitchen remodeling can be an enormous task. Unfortunately, the scope and importance of this project can prove intimidating. After all, kitchens are for many families the center of the home and togetherness. If home is where the heart is, then the kitchen is surely where it can be found.
This is where all can come together at the beginning of the day, before work or school, for breakfast. You may come home for a lunch break, or prepare your week’s lunch on Sunday. But perhaps the most quality home time spent with the family is dinner. You deserve a space that is worthy of some of the best moments of your life.
Additional space… It is not just enjoying the fruits of your labor that can bring a family together; it is often the process of creating the meal. More room can facilitate a greater number of helpers to stir the gravy, chop the vegetables or just keep the home’s head chef entertained with the day’s events. Food is a bonding element for all people, especially families.
New countertops… When it comes to the texture of one’s experience in the kitchen – working with your hands, which may also be palms-down in conversation during a dinner party, nothing yields a greater impression than counters. No other room is more interactive than the kitchen, and countertops are where all meals and prep starts.
Cabinets… How long have you had those old, outdated and boxy cabinets? This feature is often the very first sight visitors have upon entering a kitchen. Additionally, old cabinets can often prove awkwardly designed and built more to suit the kitchen rather than the user. You should consider the importance of cabinets, both in terms of style and for greater functionality.
Kitchen islands… Once upon a time, kitchen islands were quite prevalent in kitchens. For decades, however, designs excluded this useful feature. Nowadays, more homeowners have seen their favorite celebrity chefs using islands, which have grown in popularity by leaps and bounds over the past decade. Added counter space, storage space, another sink and a central location in the kitchen are just some of the benefits.
Appliances… If it has been several years, if not multiple decades, you may not be experiencing the full benefits of today’s technology. Aside from convenience, today’s appliances frequently feature an Energy Star rating that adds much financial savings after your kitchen remodeling.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6407735